This award recognizes and honors North Carolina organizations that have an innovative partnership supporting science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) education. The recipient of this award will be honored at the Celebration of Science, Mathematics, and Technology. A profile of the recipient will be featured on the SMT Center Web site.
- Create deeper understanding by students or community members of STEM topics
- Promote active engagement by students or community members
- Address an area of need or concern in community or state related to STEM
- Be innovative
- Build capacity in community or across the state
Partnerships can self-nominate or can be nominated by others.
Award submission requirements
The nominator is responsible for ensuring the nomination package is complete. The nomination package includes the nomination form (completed by the nominator) and letters of support from two different people. Deadline for receipt of all materials including support letters: December 1.
Components of nomination packet:
- Completed nomination form which must describe and provide examples of how the partnership:
- Creates deeper understanding by students or community members of STEM topics
- Promotes active engagement by students or community members
- Addresses an area of need or concern in community or state
- Provides innovative approach
- Builds capacity in community or across the state
- Provides replicable model
Include an estimate of the number of students or community members served by this program and information on how long the partnership has been in place and reasons for the partnership.
- Letters of support from two individuals. The letters should make a compelling case why the organization should be honored. Letters should not exceed 750 words each and should be submitted using the Letter of Support Form.
- Once the nomination form is submitted, you will receive an email confirming the nomination. If you do not receive an email confirmation within 24 hours, please contact the SMT Center at email@example.com or 919-991-5111.
- The nomination form cannot be saved once it is started so please have all the necessary information available before you start.